Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What's on the Desk

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a what’s on my desk post, and thought I might share with you what I’m currently working on.
On my desk, as usual, are several UFO’s. More accurately several projects I have pulled beads for but have not yet begun making. 
Including leftover pieces to a refashion and two UFO’s, one of those in the midst of a refashion itself. I thought I had finished it but I never really loved it. I pulled the bird off it to send out with bead soup and have finally decided why I didn’t like it and what I need to do to fix it. I pulled beads and made a new bird, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten with it. Last of course that poor necklace that has been sitting on my bead board for well over a year now. If I didn’t think the finished piece was going to be beautiful I might scrap the idea and start over but I really do think it’s going to be beautiful …… when I do eventually get back to it.

Beads pulled for  #6


These are the beads I have pulled for sketch number six. I started with this wonderful little stone bead I received from my friend Anne on the Jewelry Making forum. She hinted the beads she sent might look wonderful in filigree and I have to agree.

I had drawn the sketch for the focal and then realized I already had a sketch in my “to do” pile. A couple very small tweaks to the sketch giving it a little more filigree and it easily became number six. I think this one is going to be a really pretty necklace once I get through the take away stage. I love the crystals and the picasso beads but I just haven’t decided if I want them together yet. I think I’ll use gold wire for this one, the gold section in my shop is still a lliiiittle light. In any case, I think those gorgeous soft greens and blues really really call for gold and I’m happy to listen.

On the home front….. jump up and down with me and do the happy dance people! We FINALLY have one room completely finished!!! Unless of course I decide to add crown molding lol It is such a good feeling to have one 100% done, no trim pieces waiting, no paint, no flooring, it’s all done! Here’s to the next one, whichever room it is!

Thanks for stoppin by!
We’ll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment