Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Best Laid Plans

I had mentioned in an earlier post I had wanted to start writing daily. While I hadn't quite gotten the habit of daily down I did have quite a bit written. During the blog hop Jean, so full of faith in me, suggested I write. I was writing and it was just starting to really become cohesive. I was actually feeling pretty good about it, adding to it little by little.

Then my computer died. Thursday evening the power went out, and Friday morning when I tried to turn on my poor little Mac, nada. Nothing. Zilch.

Macs are awesome little machines, in the past 20+ years I've owned three, each lasting roughly seven years. As awesome a little machine as a Mac is, it's still a machine and does have limited life. I know this, and I do back up files. In fact, most of my files have been backed up. Most.

Just not my writing or my most recent pictures. It's been a couple months since I've backed anything up. I knew my Mac was running on limited time and I knew I needed to get the last couple of months files backed up, but..... I just didn't seem to get it done.

It's a heavy expense month so I'm not sure when the extra funds to replace my computer will become available. I'm hoping by Christmas. In the meantime, my daughter has graciously set up a profile for me on her laptop. She also chided me for not using Google Docs. hangs head

I am very thankful to Paige for sharing her laptop with me, but I don't want to monopolize it. I'm keeping my morning routine roughly the same, check e-mail and Etsy and then puttering around the house. Checking mail again in the afternoon before the kiddo gets home from college. I guess I should hit Google docs and start over, little by little.

On the bright side, this does force me to manage my time on the computer. I can be the queen of wasted time when I'm staring at a monitor! But I suppose that's true of anything. Well, I should get off of here. I have a bathroom wall awaiting tape and texture.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment