Monday, May 19, 2014

May's Birthstone = Emerald

To save you from needing to scroll to find it.....Bead Soup is here: Bead Soup Reveal #8 


In keeping with my monthly quick series on birthstones....The month is May and the birthstone is Emerald!



Wondering if I should tell the hubs he is a beloved wife - probably not though he is much beloved.

Who first beholds the light of day
In spring's sweet flowery month of May
And wears an emerald all her life
Shall be a loved and happy wife.

Agate was also on the list as the month's birthstone up until about 1912 when it converted to Emeralds alone.

Our treasury feature this month offers some wonderful finds in those gorgeous shades of green.
Someone remind me and I can do an Emerald City theme next year :) in the Merry Old Land of Oz....you're singing it now aren't you? It's ok I am too...... a snip snip here and a clip clip there.....ah Dorothy!

Etsy Treasury in Emerald Greens
https://www.etsy.com/treasury/ODQwNjk1M3wyNzI2MjExMTIy/emerald

And again I don't have any Emeralds in my shop, I am really going to have to do something about getting a few more birthstone type gemmies in there. Thankfully I do have a couple greens!

14kt gf filigree, green aventurine and rose quartz, necklace
Gold Filigree Capped Aventurine and Rose Quartz Necklace

Brass filigree, mossy agate and tourmaline neckalce
Vintaj Wrapped Mossy Agate & Tourmaline Necklace

Silver, shell, enameled discs and lucite flower earrings
Spring Gears - Enameled Earrings

Silver, labradorite, emerald green glass earrings
Labradorite Drop Earrings

Copper, abalone, copper filigree and green crystal necklace
Woodland Greens Abalone Heart Necklace




There you have it!
Thanks for stoppin' by!
We'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment