Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August = Peridot

Rough start to the month, my in-laws seem to be imploding, 'nuff said.

AUGUST! The month of my birth! Peridot and Gladiolas.  As you can see though, Peridot was not always THE stone to wear......

Wear a sardonyx or for thee,
No conjugal felicity;
The August-born without this stone,
`Tis said, must live unloved and lone.


For most of the 15th through 20 centuries the stones for the month of August were as follows: Sardonyx, Carnelian, Moonstone and Topaz  ......hmmm I like Moonstone! As long as we're on the subject, I like Topaz too!.......
Then in 1912 all save the Sardonyx were dropped and Peridot was added.
Finally in 2013 Peridot became the sole stone for the month of August.

I like Peridot, I do, I'm just saying maybe we could give Moonstone another chance GRINS

collection of Peridot Green gifts
August Gifts in Peridot Green


I have in my shop TWO items in peridot, and many more green in color.

Copper & Peridot Gothic Pendant w/Beaded Chain
Copper & Peridot Gothic Pendant w/Beaded chain

smokey quartz and peridot gemstone earrings in 14/20 gf
Smokey Quartz and Peridot Earrings in 14/20 GF
pssst I have Moonstone too! and Topaz!

No comments:

Post a Comment