Tuesday, March 1, 2016

on Looking Out the Other Window: Perspectives



This morning was gloomy. Dark and stormy, and I was feeling sad and lonely. I was reading my e-mail and drinking my morning coffee feeling smaller and smaller as my troubles started feeling overwhelmingly large. The tears began to fall down my cheeks and I was on the verge of a complete meltdown.



Something moved in the wind outside and I caught it out the corner of my eye. I had been sitting sideways in my chair facing the back windows, I turned to see what it was and there to the front of the house were plenty of blue skies and sunshine.



It’s funny how simply seeing the sun was in fact still there can immediately turn your attitude around. And I remembered something I said just the other day. Happiness comes from within, you can’t depend on someone else to create it for you. How you allow the words in your head to speak to you genuinely impacts your feelings. And since you are the voice in your head, you have control over what you say and hear.

I am dealing with some deeply personal things at the moment and I do need to allow myself to cry as it is part of the healing process but today it was largely the words in my head. As the skies got darker so did the negativity of those words. When I turned and saw blue skies, my spirits lifted and the words began to focus on the positives again.

Just a simple shift in perspective. Same sky, different view. A simple reminder the sun is still there. An invitation to send those clouds packing on a gust of wind.

I missed last weeks posting so you get double YoJ postings. I was really busy on the jewelry front last week and I’m hoping this is just the beginning of an upward trend. All indicators say it is and that’s definitely something to be happy about.


Weeks 8 and 9

Wind Dancer Studios; Coral & Obsidian Bracelet; Red & Black
Coral & Obsidian
Wind Dancer Studios; Crystal Point Necklace; Green and Antique Gold
Crystals Brass & Vintage Glass

Thanks for stopping By!
We'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment