Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July's Birthstone = Ruby

Here's hoping those of you in the US enjoyed your long weekend this past week! This month's birthstone is RUBY! My middle child's birthstone, I love red it's an exciting color, her not so much lol Then again Peridot is mine and I rather like Ruby - grass is always greener isn't it? or redder as the case may be.


The glowing Ruby shall adorn,

Those who in July are born;
Then they'll be exempt and free
From love's doubts and anxiety.

Turquoise and Onyx were the recognized birthstones up until 1912 when it became the Ruby.

I did not know that! I just assumed it had always been Ruby. The kiddo might  be on to something there.

I have a Ruby in Zoisite artisan cut cab, but we're waiting for my Muse to whisper it's inspiration to me for its design. Pretty little stone with it's greens and reds.

In the meantime a Ruby Red treasury for you to enjoy.


Ruby Reds on Etsy



Brass FIligree Ring w/ Ruby Red Heart
Brass Filigree Ring w/ Ruby Red Heart
Drops of Red Vintage Button Ring
Drops of Red




Thanks for Stoppin' by!
We'll see ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment